National Entrance cum Eligibility Test is an entrance exam of medical courses like MBBS and BDS, applicable for private as well as government and medical colleges. It replaced AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test) and is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). All the details regarding the eligibility criteria of NEET 2018 had been clarified by the Medical Council of India (MCI) on April 24, 2018. It is the single entrance examination in the country for admissions to MBBS and BDS programmes in 11 different languages from 2018 onwards. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Under Graduation (NEET-UG) has been conducted in offline mode on May 6, 2018.
The eligibility criteria for NEET are prepared by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It has been revised as per the interim orders passed by the Delhi High Court on April 26, 2018. The eligibility criteria include academic qualifications, age limit, residency status and other requirements that must be fully met by all candidates appearing for the NEET entrance exam.
It is important for all the NEET aspirants to check the NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria carefully before applying for the entrance examination.
This NEET 2018 exam pattern will help the aspirants to process the information and prepare well before appearing for the entrance exam.
1. Mode of Examination- Offline (Pen and Paper)
2. Duration of Examination- 3 hours
3. Medium of Exam- English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu.
4. Type of Questions- Multiple Choice Questions
5. Total Sessions- 1)Physics – 45 Questions, 2) Chemistry – 45 Questions, 3) Biology – 90 Questions
6. Total Number of Questions- 180 Questions
7. Total Marks of Examination- 720 Marks
8. Marking Scheme – For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks; if an answer is wrong, then 1 mark will be deducted.
For further new instruction and updates visit its official website.
Website Link: CBSENEET.NIC.IN