JIPMER (Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research) is the medical institute of India located in Pondicherry. JIPMER is the most prestigious institute of India which imparts undergraduate and postgraduate medical training to all the medical aspirants. JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam is organized by the Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research. The university organizes JIPMER 2018 entrance exams to get admission to the MBBS programme for 200 seats.
The candidate appearing for JIPMER 2018 should ensure the eligibility criteria before itself.
- The candidates applying for JIPMER 2018 should be the citizen of India.
- The Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non- Resident Indians (NRIs) can also apply for JIPMER 2018 after submitting the proof of their registration under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 on the day of counselling.
- The OCI and NRIs will be considered as the unreserved category candidates.
- It is compulsory for them to submit the advance copy of an application and request to MCI at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
- But prior to that, they have to take permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for courses in the Institution.
- Candidates must have completed 17 years before applying for the admission year 2018.
- No relaxation in age limit for candidates belonging to reserved category.
- No upper age limit candidates allowed.
- Candidates appearing for JIPMER 2018 must be born on or before 1st January 2002.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to qualify 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board/University before appearing for the JIPMER 2018 exam.
- Candidate should clear the 10+2 exam with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- It is also compulsory to have English subject as one elective subject.
- Candidates must secure at least 60% marks (GEN), 50% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH) & 50% marks (GEN OPH) in PCB subjects.
- Candidates those have passed the qualifying examination other than the above-mentioned subjects have to produce the eligibility certificate.
- For OCI/NRI candidates the eligibility certificate must be issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2018 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission.
If the candidate does not fulfil all of these eligibility criteria then he/she will not be provided admissions even on qualifying the exam.
The examination pattern of JIPMER is completely different from AIIMS, NEET. For those aspiring for the JIPMER 2018 should be aware of the exam pattern. The JIPMER MBBS syllabus is prescribed by the CBSE & State Board and comprised of Class 11th & 12th Subjects.
1. Mode of Examination- Online, Computer Based Exam (CBT)
2. Duration of Examination- 2.5 hours (150 minutes) in two shifts(morning shift and afternoon shift)
3. Medium of Exam- English
4. Type of Questions- MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
5. Subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Quants and Reasoning
6. Total Number of Questions- 200 Questions
7. Marking Scheme – For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks; if an answer is wrong, then 1 mark will be deducted.
1)Physics – 60 Questions, 2) Chemistry – 60 Questions, 3) Biology – 60 Questions, 4) English Comprehension – 10 Questions, 5) Logic & Quantitative Reasoning- 10 Questions
After clearing the national level entrance MBBS exam JIPMER students will get admission in the JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry University and its affiliated campuses. A merit list will be prepared by the concerned authority on the basis of the percentile & marks secured by the candidates in the examination and a separate merit list for different categories.
For further new instruction and updates visit its official website.
Website Link: JIPMER